Changing Face Of Childhood of the Day: Nadia Ilse’s “elephant ears” long ago earned her the name “Dumbo” from classmates. By the time she was 10, she was pestering her mom for an otoplasty, an operation to pin her ears back:
The taunting hurt so much.
Of course, the foundation’s Dr. Thomas Romo recommended Nadia go all out, so in addition to having her ears pinned back, Nadia received a nose job and a newly symmetrical chin.
Next up for Nadia? Counseling, and working to regain the confidence she’d lost over the years.
Don’t miss the teen’s revealing post-surgery interview with Dr. Sanjay Gupta.
…so this nonprofit is promoting the idea that you shouldn’t accept and love your body as it is, if people are assholes and make fun of you - change it!
What in the actual fuck. We should be teaching people not to be cruel, to promote self-love rather than “fix everything and then someone will love you”
Oh heaven forbid, an organization that aims to provide /actual/ relief for those being bullied mercilessly for something out of their control.
Why, they should just stop doing good work altogether and tell these kids that they’re beautiful no matter what, because everyone knows that a hollow phrase like that is damn sure to stop those mean old bullies from verbally harassing you day in and day out!
It’s unreasonable as fuck to expect them to try and change society, to try and change mean little shits like kids. Have you ever been to middle school? That place is fucking horrific and these people are at least doing something about it.
Yeah it doesn’t fit into the tumblr social justice mantra of being beautiful no matter what but who fucking cares as long as it improves the quality of these kids’ lives.
the question then, when is the line drawn? breast enhancement? growth hormones or steroids or controlled leg breaks? Tattoos, piercings, laser eye color changing?
- serenatasalaluna7 likes this
- sakuraprophet reblogged this from thedailywhat
- sakuraprophet likes this
- weeabooty likes this
- kickassnerdbitch likes this
- lnternetbunny likes this
- 9c47 likes this
- amensalismo reblogged this from thedailywhat
- crankthycarnage reblogged this from lulubreathestheatre
- lulubreathestheatre reblogged this from onesicklovestory
- wildmonkiez reblogged this from thedailywhat
- thirdengine reblogged this from pytsteph and added:
- davymac reblogged this from pytsteph and added:
- asthedaysgobylifehappenss likes this
- knattaboy likes this
- kelleeeee reblogged this from jenawithonen and added:
- ofsolongs reblogged this from thylakhaleesi
- scarvesandjellybabies likes this
- necrowithglasses likes this
- infinitefruit reblogged this from tentacrab
- alcoholicadult reblogged this from thedailywhat
- jtina28 likes this
- kittenkicks reblogged this from midwest-monster and added:
- willyoulookatthat reblogged this from hicockalorum
- antoniobojorquez likes this
- hicockalorum reblogged this from my-little-underground
- seesarahgo reblogged this from thedailywhat and added:
- wizzzkristina likes this
- acebetweenspaces reblogged this from ericstriffler
- prideox reblogged this from stalk-softly and added:
- jumame likes this
- the-escaped-fish said: I saw a news story of this, and I must admit she looks much more like herself than it originally appeared she would when they removed the bandages. I’m very glad, she was a beautiful young lady even before the surgery.
- bblankurl reblogged this from giovanniespinuevaa
- kaypulse reblogged this from randomlancila
- hellalov3 reblogged this from thedailywhat
- hellalov3 likes this
- lizcoco reblogged this from symphonysoldiers and added:
- xoxfemmefatalexox likes this
- artemisblogs reblogged this from prince-of-despair
- lexuhhmuch reblogged this from pabstnpolaroids4lolz and added:
- sodataylor reblogged this from mrkmja
- kiradawnnn reblogged this from misplacedsanity
- reticentreader likes this
- jiy likes this
- thatbandnerd likes this
- disconewyork reblogged this from thedailywhat and added:
- another-cup-of-cold-coffee likes this
- letsgokooky reblogged this from iwillshineforever and added:
- iwillshineforever reblogged this from thedailywhat and added:
- missfushi likes this